Saturday, October 27, 2007

So I am advertising all over the place for customers. I have put posters up in all kinds of places, I hand out business cards wherever I go, I have ads on KIJIJI both under Hobbies and Crafts and Services - Other. Lots and lots of views, a few inquiries, but no real business yet. I have several customers, even a repeat customer, but I was hopeing that by now I have a steady stream of 4 or 5 Quilts per week to do.

So while I wait for the business to kick into high gear, and I am told it will, just to give it time, I am making lots of Quilt tops, simple ones, just so I have something to practice on. Well, a friend suggested that I put my Quilts for sale on ETSY, which I did, and wouldn't you know it, I have sold a few. I also did the local Farmers Market this summer, Wednesdays and Saturdays and I couldn't believe it, I sold at least 1 Quilt per day, sometimes 2. Wow!!

No comments: