Friday, January 11, 2008

Dear Blog



I am so sorry i haven't updated in a few days. Life gets so busy. I have so many other sites to keep up, the main one of course beinbg my Etsy store. I also heavily advertise on Kijiji in several cities in Canada. That drives alot of traffic to my Etsy store. I am trying to beactively involved in serveral groups/teams and then there is my everyday life and the fact I have to make quilts and look after my long arming business. That is taking off nicely (finally) with several new clients in a few different cities. I even have a Quilt coming all the way from Texas for me to quilt. I get goosebumps just thinking about that!




Today i finished a fabulous quilt. it is called Mod Squares, a takeoff from Mod Squad, a sixtyish show. The fabric used is very "mod" and I made it into simple nine patch blocks. They were offset with off white blocks and the whole quilt was then custom quilted. Took me a total of 6 hrs in front of my machine, but it sure was worth the effort. I am so very pleased with the results. It might even be show quality, who knows. If it doesn't sell, maybe I'll enter it in one of the Quilt shows in my area.

So, next is the cleanup, my studio is always a mess when I am working on a project, and then I have to clean up before I start the next one. A never ending cycle.


If you like the quilt, let me know. I would love some input.

1 comment:

stitches of fun said...

Love your quilt. It looks Great!! I can appreciate your work I to am a quilter and know of the long hours working to the music of your long arm. Love the quilting and also your other quilting the tutti frutti quilting dont know the pattern name but I like it and the Funky Chicken pattern. have fun! Stitches of Fun