Monday, January 19, 2009

I WENT FABRIC SHOPPING TODAY



Oh boy, I needed that like a hole in the head. But I am an addict, a fabric addict that is and besides chocolate, it is my only addiction. I have a wonderful Supplier and it is always fun to see her and spend a few hours in her "Candy" shop. Besides a roll of batting, I got sevral bolts of Bernatex Fossil Fern and added a considerable amount to my Fat Quarter stash. Well, I have to spend money to make money and if I don't have fabric, I can't make Quilts and won't have anything to sell, that is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

I am showing you a few pictures of my Studio. Please keep in mind that it is a 16ft x 18ft room, with a 6ft x 6ft closet. The closet houses all the fabric and rubbermaid tubs full of scraps and UFO's as well as books, patterns, magazine collection of 10 years or more, and all mailing/shipping articles.

The Studio room is home to a longarm machine with a 12 ft table, a thread cabinet, a cutting table, a sewing desk, an embroidery machine, a serger, and my sewing machine. When you consider the equipment and supplies, I am surprised that there is room for me.
Comments Welcome!

5 comments:

krissybizz said...

Your studio is the same size as mine! Even a big room fills up fast with a longarm and all the other stuff! P.S. Please follow me too!

Quiltplay said...

Love your room! It is neat to see where you do your beautiful work.

Vic said...

Such a tidy workspace,unlike my own spewed with pencils,paper,books etc.....love those beautiful wall hangings.

ps my weakness is handmade paper,love it and could spend a small fortune on buying it.

uniquelynancy said...

I love your studio. So neat! Wonderful space and wow what a fabric collection!

Micki said...

What a wonderful work space!
And the quilt creations that come out of it are awesome!!