Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A STAR IS BORN



I have been absent for a few days but I have been a very busy Quilter. Listed 3 new quilts, sold one and shipped it off, have 3 Quilt tops to quilt and I want to introduce you to my newest "WIP", or Work in progress for my non quilting readers.


I started working on this radiant Star early this morning and just had to share the color way with you. I think it is absolutely fabulously vibrant and alive. Once it is quilted, it will be listed and called "A Star is Born". My dilemma however is, how big to make it. There is also the question of matching fabric, which I am very short off. I think one more small border of yellow, and then I'll finish it off with the purple. It measures 71" square at the moment and I hope to have it finished to 86" square.
There is also a "Baby Star" in the same color to follow, perhaps made into a Lap Quilt. I will update as the work progresses.

Your thoughts and comments are very welcome.

7 comments:

Kim said...

just beautiful! Love your color combo!

QuiltLover said...

Thank You Kim.

Ashlawnfarms Rag Quilt Creations said...

That is just stunning! Love the Lone Star pattern!

QuiltLover said...

Thanks so much. Elenor Burns Radiant Star, so easy!

Jen said...

Great blog! I am going to foward this to my daughter who makes quilts also!

Desiree said...

It is beautiful! I have the Lones Star on my list of patterns I must, MUST make some day. Just can't decide what fabrics. Handdyes, batiks, cw repros? Black and White? Too many choices, LOL! Congrats on so much accomplished!

QuiltLover said...

Dethank You. It took e 6 years of whishing and wanting, before I actually started a Star Quilt. The booklet "Radiant Star Quilt" by Elenor Burns makes it so ery easy to dive right in, with easy instructions and drawings. If I can do it, so can you. Any Fabric will go, I love cottons & batiks in bright or dramatic colors.