Sunday, March 1, 2009

MY FIRST EVER STRING QUILT



As you may know by know, I am a Batik Junkie and I have a real hard time throwing away any itty bitty tiny piece of fabric. A little bit of research on the internet gave me a great idea as well as wonderful instructions and I have started a String Block project. I just love the colors and how they bring to life something so simple in design. I don't know yet how big it will be or how I am going to machine quilt it, but I know that it will be a very attractive Quilt and my Hubby is laying claim to it already. Did I mention that he is my number One Fan?

I had a lovely and busy week. Made and listed 2 Quilts and a Table Runner, machine quilted several Quilts and I have another 10 waiting to be worked on, I curated a Treasury for my Etsy Quiltsy team, and I was featured in Quiltplays Blog in this article http://quiltplay.blogspot.com/2009/02/q-with-quiltlover.html

QuiltPlay is a very successful Fabric Vendor on Etsy with absolutely wonderful customer service, and you always get a smile.

I am looking forward to next week, have to pick up 4 rolls of various batting for my clients and a few bolts of Fabric and then I can quilt up a storm again.

3 comments:

Desiree said...

omg it is gorgeous! I must make one, LOL! Congrats! Beautiful!

Quiltplay said...

ooohhhhh lovely. Good thing your Dh wants to keep it!

FabricsNQuilts said...

This will be one gorgeous quilt!