Saturday, May 22, 2010

Eastern Passage a New York Beauty, definitely

Eastern Passage is the last of the Quilt Tops I purchased from http://www.etsy.com/shop/Patchmaker and looked like this
before I added borders as well as a couple rows of batik pieces to make this Quilt bigger.


I decided to machine quilt this Beauty with khaki, red and purple threads, Quilters Dream washable wool batting for definition, and I used a Fossil Fern in blue/purple/orange for the backing.  The outer border features feathers (I am in a feather craze at the moment), the red border has a leaf meander, and the blocks each have individual treatment.  I love this Quilt hand have not yet decided if I will keep it, or sell it.



Eastern Passage - named for a small fishing village in Nova Scotia, Canada.

4 comments:

Patchmaker said...

Absolutely stunning! And yet, familiar ;-0 You do amazing work with these tops!

Maggie

Nora said...

This is just gorgeous. I love you quilting designs that you use

Edna said...

WOW - totally fabulous! I just love the color borders you chose. They really make the center pop. Your quilting is superb!!

Carly said...

Stunning, Love all the color too!