Sunday, July 11, 2010

Saying Good Bye is never easy

The last few days have been heart wrenching and sad for us.  We said good bye to 2 loved and long time companions.  Our little Peaches has been with us 17 years and Phayzer has enriched our life for the last 10 years, he came to us when he was 5 years old.  Both had been suffering from those ailments associated with old age and we decided to end their discomfort.  Our lives are so empty at the moment, even though we still have 2 beautiful fur babies with us.  We found a nice spot on our acreage where we laid them to rest, they are at home now and with us always.

We went for a quad ride today, a route we used to take with them all the time, through Boreal Forest with sweet smell of Pine and Tamarack and wild flowers everywhere.  Several Deer, a Partridge, Storks, even a brown Bear crossed our path and the sun was shining in full glory.  Miss Molly, the little Terrier, and Misty blue eyes, Siberian Husky, loved the ride, but missed their friends.   A beautiful ending to an incredibly taxing week.

8 comments:

Coleen said...

I'm very sorry...I've been there so many times and it's never easy but it's the most unselfish thing you can do for the pets you've loved so much.

Patchmaker said...

I'm so sorry . . . .

DownHome Designs said...

You've dealt with this hard decision in such a loving, unselfish way. Life goes on, but I know it's not easy.

Nancy said...

It is beautiful country up there. I hope someday to see it for myself.

Nancy said...

what a beautiful spot they had to live in and what a great life too. I wish people would be that kind to other people.

cindy.bennett said...

Monika, so sorry to hear about your pets...your pics are just gorgeous, so peaceful & serene.

allsewnup said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. To have both taken at once would be terribly hard.
I bumped into you on Kijiji and stopped by for a visit. I have now started following you. I just love your work.

Carolyn

Linda Craig said...

My thoughts are with you and your family. We are animal lovers at our house too and can't imagine life without our friends. But with that also comes these very hard times. We too keep our pets on our property with us, where they loved life and their humans, until we meet them again.
Linda