Sunday, August 15, 2010

THE QUILT IS FINISHED

My Customer just picked up her Quilt and was extremely happy with the results.  I got a big Hug, a heartfelt "thank You" and of course the $$$$.  I did the final trimming for her, so now the binding will go on which will be the same color as the Stars.  What a beautiful Quilt it is, full of visual appeal and the Quilters Dream 100% washable Wool Batting allows for so much quilting definition and will never flatten out.  It will be a family heirloom for sure.  Thank You so much Patti, for trusting me to quilt it for you.  I appreciate your confidence in my ability.  I learned a lot from quilting this Quilt, the over/under feathers in the sashing is a new tecnique for me and turned out quite respectable.  I love stencils but am always hesitant to use them...don't know why, I am pleased with the result.  As always there is room for improvement....but then....



2 comments:

Linda Craig said...

Hi Monika,

Wow, this is just gorgeous! Was this quilt for a special occasion? It will definitely be an heirloom quilt to be cherished. Goes without say that your feathers are second to none, and I really like what you did with the CH, and the different sizes you used. Really gives this quilt so much texture. You done good, my friend! Linda C.

sewmeow said...

It is beautiful and that's a lot of quilting! Terrific...you earned every $$.