Friday, October 29, 2010

Cappuccino Star Log Cabin Quilt

I recently had the pleasure to quilt this gorgeous Quilt for a Customer and have to admit it was hard to give it back to her.  She did a wonderful job piecing it, straight and flat it was and the color combination was terrific.  I used a QD Wool batting for definition and warmth, beige thread in the light area, brown in the darks and the continuous curves in the Star where made with red thread.  We are both very pleased with the results.







Apart from quilting this gorgeous Quilt I added some new Quilts to my store to replace those I sold,  Two beautiful Batik Quilts, this one is called "Let it Snow"




This Lap Quilt was made with a sumptuous collection of earth colored Batiks and I called it "Autumn in Saskatchewan"...just gorgeous

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Monika I love your feathers on the Cappuccino quilt!!
I really like your Let it Snow quilt, I have that fat quarter collection and don't know what to do with it....until now :) What is the name of the pattern you used to piece it?

QUILTLOVER said...

Kathy....no pattern sorry, just do things my way.

Kathy said...

Well I definately like your way! :)
I have a few pattens like this so maybe I'll make the effort to adapt them and make them my way!

Linda Craig said...

Monika, you worked such beautiful magic on your customer's Cappuccino Star Log Cabin Quilt. It really is so very beautiful and so full of texture, which I really love! You constantly amaze me with your work. Quilt On! Linda C.