Tuesday, December 14, 2010

 This is a Radiant Star with an attitude!  They all say something but this one is special.  The top was given to me by a dear friend to do with as I pleased.  The colors are perfect and the fabrics are Willowberry winter and Fairy Frosts, a wonderful combination.  A generous queen size, lots of open areas....perfect for my Quiltizoid and feathers.  I used a lofty wool batting and commercial grade embroidery thread adding sheen and depth.  As soon as this Christmas rush machine quilting is over I will make 2 quilted pillow shams and then it will go on my bed.
Thanks so much Nancy...I will treasure your gift always!



5 comments:

Pamela said...

Love the way the quilting stands out on this one!

nancy said...

You are an amazing friend. Wish I could do more. Lots of Hugs and I hope you enjoy it. What you have done is truly outstanding - I love it!

Nancy

Linda Craig said...

What a pretty quilt! I just LOVE your quilting, it really makes this quilt sing. Stay warm!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Wow, the quilting looks great on this pretty quilt. Love it.

Suzan said...

OH my , what a quilt, and wow!!!the quilting.