Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Radiant Star in Batik

Pat is a dear friend and a wonderful Quilter.  She recently completed this Radiant Star with beautiful earthtone Batiks.  She left the quilting up to me, just said " lots of quilting and make it outstanding!"  Well, I hope the job I did pleases her......  I used a Orange/yellow variegated thread to quilt the star in a medium stipple, a leafy filler in the narrow border, and outline stitch the pieced border.

The light border has a teardrop meander filler, and the set in triangle are quilted with hooked feathers and a  spine filled with pebbles.  The set in squares feature a motif from R&S Designer Boards called Fire Lily, which in turn is surrounded by a ring of pebbles and hooked feathers to fill the spaces of the square.  I love it, and hope Pat loves it too.  A truly unique Quilt, and I love the freedom she gives me to be creative!



1 comment:

Needlelove2 said...

Beautiful job! You are amazing! Looks like a challenge to me.