Sunday, February 13, 2011

This Quilt has been keeping me busy for the last few days.  I have pondered how to quilt it for a few weeks.  My Customer brought me the picture with the hand quilting design that was done one the original Quilt, but it didn't sit right with me.  She gave me the freedom to do as I please and that did it.  I used a QD 100% washable Wool batting, and the tight stipple made the baskets "pop" just what we wanted.  the tight feathers in the sashings are raised because of the batting and the outer border has a feather meander.  Densely quilted in Sofine Lace white thread top and bottom.....outstanding!




4 comments:

DownHome Designs said...

Beautiful work, QL! The owner is very fortunate to have you do her quilting. : )

Debbie said...

Beautiful quilt and amazing work Monika!

quiltingfrenzy said...

One more gorgeous quilt! You do amazing work.

Pam Geisel - For Quilts Sake said...

Just gorgeous quilting! Love it!