Thursday, January 5, 2012

I received my order of pantographs a few days ago and one of them just begged to be used on this Quilt I made for a special customer.  The fabric line is called Earl Grey and is a batik Collection by Hoffman of California.  The Quilt itself is a queen size 90" x 105" and needed to be masculine.  Each of the batik pieces in this collection is full of design elements and I have a hard time cutting these up into small pieces, so each fat quarter was cut into 10" blocks and then randomly sewn into the Quilt top.  A 7"  border of co-ordinating silver coloured Batik as well as a rich chocolate brown Minky and cotton batting make the Quilt complete.

The pantograph is called "Dazzle" by Lorien Quilting and I just love the ease with which it is executed as well as the gender neutral design.  I used a silver coloured thread and I think it looks "smashing".  I know my customer will be pleased.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is stunning - & perfect for my son - I stopped by to visit him yesterday & your other quilt is laying over the sofa - not on the bed - so he will really appreciate this one. I couldn't be happier.
Thank you Monika,
Sylvia