Monday, January 23, 2012

Where the creativity blossoms

My Studio, if you can call it that, I certainly do and it is all my space.  Once a nice size master bedroom with a little walk in closet and an ensuite master bath, complete with jetted tub, now the jetted tub holds packaged batting, the ironing board is in front of the sink, and the walk in closet has shelves on 3 sides and holds my bolts of fabric, projects I am working on, and boxes of fat quarters and bolts of backing.

It looks like chaos to others perhaps, but it is organized chaos, and it is my space.










Various dressers under my long arm quilting machine as well as against a wall hold all kinds of threads, stencils and other tools of the trade.  My cutting and sewing table is a kitchen table purchased years ago with a composite top, perfect for what I do.  A fantastic light system over my long arm is outfitted with daylight bulbs, giving me bright daylight anytime, day or night.  A wire basket shelf holds some of the pantographs I use frequently.

I love my studio, it is not ideal, but it is the best I have and it is organized so everything is within easy reach.


2 comments:

FabricFascination said...

Very nice Monika. No wonder you are so productive with how nicely organized you keep everything.

Magpie Quilts said...

Great creative space! Love the quilts you have on the wall! The feathered star is awesome!